Tips for Portable Charger to Maximize Battery Lifespan
How Do You Extend the Battery Life of Portable Chargers?
- Use the battery within the optimized operating temperature (0℃ to 25℃).
- Do not use it close to a heat source.
- Do not store the portable charger in a hot or humid environment.
- Do not misuse the battery. Irregular use (including but not limited to overuse, using methods, environmental conditions, etc.) will easily lead to performance degradation of lithium batteries, shorten the run time, affect the lifespan, and may even lead to bulging, smoke, and fire.
- It is recommended to recharge the lithium battery periodically (once every 3 months).
Frequent Q&As About Lifespan and Temperature
Q1: What is the optimized operating temperature and storage temperature of portable chargers?
The optimized operating temperature is at 0°F to 77°F (0℃ to 25℃). If you’re storing the batteries for 1 month, a good rule of thumb is to keep them at 14°F to 113°F (-10°C to 45°C) and at 14°F to 95°F (-10°C to 35°C) if you’re storing them for 3 months.
Q2: How do you preserve the lifespan of portable chargers?
It is recommended to recharge the portable chargers at least once every 3 months.
What is the Life Expectancy of the Battery?
After reaching 500 complete charge cycles (some lithium batteries may reach 300 cycles, which may be shortened by irregular use), their lifespan will come to an end. When this happens, the performance and safety of the lithium batteries will be reduced.
We suggest that you replace the battery if the following issue occurs:
1. Swelling of the battery case.
2. Liquid or obvious odor appears on the USB interface.
3. Abnormal heat occurs during use.
4. When shaking the battery, there is a sound from internal electronic components.
5. Cracked case.
6. Liquid has entered through the USB port.
Four Ways to Recycle the Batteries
1. Find a recycling facility near you.
2. Check out Earth911 or Call2Recycle to find convenient recycling options.
3. Follow your local laws and regulations for proper battery disposal.
4. Leave it at your household recycling center or place in Recycling Kiosks at Best Buy stores.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.